Posted to user@impala.apache.org by Antoni Ivanov <ai...@vmware.com> on 2017/04/18 17:08:25 UTC

Safe Restart for Impala Deamon

Hi,

I think right now if you want to restart Impala Deamon - all queries on this daemon executing on this node (either as fragments or coordinators) fail. Right?
Is there a way (or do you plan) to have safe-restart option?

It probably just needs to de-register from statestored (maybe it's safe) also there's 'impala-server.ready' option which can be marked as false and wait til all fragments/queries have finished (or times out) and then stops.

Re: Safe Restart for Impala Deamon

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.
This is a very large task. I think getting consensus on the design and
implementation will be very hard for someone new to the codebase and
community. I encourage you to pick up other tickets marked "newbie" first
and get to know your way around.

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by yu feng <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henry Robinson <he...@cloudera.com>.