Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Abhijit Dixit <ab...@123india.com> on 2002/02/07 04:35:02 UTC

Unexpected Invocation Exception

Hi,

I'm trying to convert one of the samples (the StockQuote) in the Apache
SOAP distribution to work as a Java applet. I have setup the class file as
a OBJECT tag in the HTML file and reference all the required JAR files in
the codebase. However, I keep getting the exception "Unexpected Invocation
TargetException" for "java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException". This is
caused by the

  Call call = new Call();

line in the example since a trace just before this line works fine. It is
not a problem with applet security since the applet and the JAR files are
hosted on the server which I will connect to and a simple socket connection
works fine. Also, I make sure that the Xerces is the first entry in the
CLASSPATH and I tried 1.4.4 as well as 2.0.0. Am i missing any other JAR
file ? I'm attaching a copy of my HTML page. Just for simplicity, the
getquote function in the Java file takes no parameters.

<!--"CONVERTED_APPLET"-->
<!-- HTML CONVERTER -->
<!--
<OBJECT classid="clsid:CAFEEFAC-0013-0001-0002-ABCDEFFEDCBA"
WIDTH = "70%" HEIGHT = "70%" NAME =
"quote"  codebase="http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/autodl/ji
nstall-1_3_1_02-win.cab#Version=1,3,1,2" ID="quote">
<PARAM NAME = CODE VALUE = "NewQuote.class" >
<PARAM NAME = ARCHIVE VALUE = "xerces.jar, soap.jar, mail.jar,
activation.jar" >
<PARAM NAME="type" VALUE="application/x-java-applet;jpi-version=1.3.1_02">
<PARAM NAME="scriptable" VALUE="true">
<COMMENT>
<EMBED type="application/x-java-applet;jpi-version=1.3.1_02"  CODE =
"NewQuote.class" ARCHIVE = "xer
ces.jar, soap.jar, mail.jar, activation.jar" NAME = "quote" WIDTH = "70%"
HEIGHT = "70%"  scriptable
=true pluginspage="http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/jre "><NOEMBED>
GetQuote Applet
</NOEMBED>