Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Vinod <vk...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/17 18:33:16 UTC

unable to deploy sample AsyncService - please help!

Hello!
I am trying to deploy the sample AsyncAE -

/uimaj-examples/descriptors/as/MeetingDetectorAsyncAE.xml

and when I execute

"./deployAsyncService.sh
/path/uimaj-examples/descriptors/as/MeetingDetectorAsyncAE.xml"

I get the following error, any pointers would be
appreciated!

Error
  SEPM0004: When 'standalone' or 'doctype-system' is specified, the document must be
  well-formed; but this document contains a top-level text node
Transformation failed: Run-time errors were reported

Thanks.

Re: unable to deploy sample AsyncService - please help!

Posted by Vinod <vk...@gmail.com>.
JC,
It is a well-formed xml file,
I checked it using both chrome-browser as well as xml-spy.
Here are the contents-

<customResourceSpecifier xmlns="http://uima.apache.org/resourceSpecifier">

<resourceClassName>
org.apache.uima.aae.jms_adapter.JmsAnalysisEngineServiceAdapter
</resourceCl
assName>
   <parameters>
     <parameter name="brokerURL" value="${defaultBrokerURL}"/>
     <parameter name="endpoint" value="MeetingDetectorTaeQueue"/>
     <parameter name="timeout" value="5000"/>
     <parameter name="getmetatimeout" value="5000"/>
     <parameter name="cpctimeout" value="5000"/>
   </parameters>
</customResourceSpecifier>

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
To validate this xml file, open it with Internet Explorer. It may show you
the problem.
JC

Posted by Vinod <vk...@gmail.com>.
Vinod <vk...@...> writes:

> Guillaume,
> Thanks for a quick response.
>
> I am just trying to run the sample that come with UIMA-AS.
>
> I have not made any changes.
>
> The descriptor I am using is
>
> uimaj-examples/descriptors/as/MeetingDetectorAsyncAE.xml
>
> Thanks.

A couple of things that I need to mention:

1. I did trim all white space using vi editor
2. I use MAC - OS X

Re: unable to deploy sample AsyncService - please help!

Posted by Guillaume Vauvert <gv...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I believe that one of your configuration XML file is not well-formed :
it seems to contain some text outside tags. Try to validate it first.

Regards,

Guillaume Vauvert

Posted by Vinod <vk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Eddie. That helps,
in fact I should have paid attention to the content instead of
blindly looking at
the error.

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
This looks like poor error messaging. The target descriptor argument
for deployAsyncService needs to be a Deployment Descriptor. The
example deployment descriptors are in uimaj-examples/deploy/as

MeetingDetectorAsyncAE.xml is a descriptor used in a UIMA aggregate to
reference a UIMA-AS service; it is a client side descriptor.

Eddie