Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Egan <ro...@vsolvit.com> on 2023/07/20 19:43:01 UTC

Re: [External] Re: Client Certificates

I suspect the problem is occurring before I can see the certificate,
because the only way the request even reaches my filter is when the
<Connector> is set to auth="none".

I have been pulled away from this project for now, but thanks for the
answers.

Robert Egan
--
*VSolvit LLC*, *CMMI (Level 3), ISO 9001, ISO 20000-1, ISO 27001*
*1305 Executive Blvd. Ste. 160 | Chesapeake | VA | 23320*

*VSolvit (We*Solve*it) *is an award winning technology services company
that specializes in the areas of Geographic Information Systems and IT
application development / database integration.

*Cyber-security ~ Cloud Computing ~ GIS ~ Business Intelligence ~ Data
Warehousing.*

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:* This communication, including attachments, is for
the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately
by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Robert,

On 7/20/23 15:43, Robert Egan wrote:
> I suspect the problem is occurring before I can see the certificate,
> because the only way the request even reaches my filter is when the
> <Connector> is set to auth="none".
>
> I have been pulled away from this project for now, but thanks for the
> answers.

If you want to /require/ a client certificate, then you need to set
certificateVerification="required". If you want it to be optional, then
set certificateVerification="optional". In either case, if the client
sends a certificate it should be available via that request attribute.

-chris