Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by samarth s <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/02 11:10:04 UTC

Dynamically create new core

Hi,

I have a requirement of dynamically creating new cores(master). Each
core should have a replicated slave core.
I am working with Java and using SolrJ as my solr client. I came
across CoreAdminRequest class and looks like the way to go.

CoreAdminRequest.createCore("NewCore1", "NewCore1", solrServer);
creates a new core programmatically.

Also, for the newly created core, I want to use an existing
solrconfig.xml & modify certain parameters. Can I achieve this using
SolrJ?

Are there any better approaches for the requirement?

Thanks for any pointers,

Re: Dynamically create new core

Posted by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com>.
To create the core, the folder with the confs must already exist and has to
be placed in the proper place (inside the solr home). Once you run the
create core action, this core will we added to solr.xml and dinamically
loaded.