Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Alex McLintock <al...@OWAL.co.uk> on 2002/09/17 18:23:57 UTC

JDK1.3 needed?

Hi folks,

I have a broken Jetspeed 1.3a1.... The RSSPortlets are not displaying
anything. I am getting

[Tue Sep 17 15:58:27 GMT+01:00 2002] --  ERROR  -- RSSPortlet:  Couldn't
parse out XML document -> http://news.d
iversebooks.com/awards.rdf
         Exception:
org.apache.jetspeed.services.urlmanager.URLNotAvailableException: The
following URL is not available because it is considered invalid:
http://news.diversebooks.com/awards.rdf
         Stack Trace follows:
         org.apache.jetspeed.services.urlmanager.URLNotAvailableException:
The following URL is not available bec
ause it is considered invalid: http://news.diversebooks.com/awards.rdf
         at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.urlmanager.URLFetcher.fetch(URLFetcher.java:109)

Any suggestions for figuring out why it says "considered invalid" ?

==================

Linux RedHat 7.1, Tomcat 4.something,

==================

However I am more interested in starting from scratch with a Jetspeed 1.4b1
instance. I have gotten this working with my 4.13 Tomcat installation.
What I am confused about is that the website says that JDK1.3 or higher is
needed, and I am using 1.2.2. Is that a problem?

Alex McLintock

Openweb Analysts Ltd, London.
Software For Complex Websites http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
Open Source Software Companies please register here
http://www.OWAL.co.uk/oss_support/

Re: JDK1.3 needed?

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
This error, URLNotAvailableException, means Jetspeed can not connect to
the URL.  This usually means their is a firewall between Jetspeed and
the net.  See http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/faq.html.  Also
search the mailing list for you error message.

Paul Spencer

Paul Spencer