Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mite <mi...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/01 00:25:15 UTC

Call function periodically

I need to have a function called every one minute from the moment the
application is deployed on the server, that does some database row updates.
This has to be done independently of the activity of the users on the web
application. Even if there are no users using the application, this call has
to be done.
Is there any way of doing this in Tapestry5?

Thank you

Re: Call function periodically

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.
I had good results with the PeriodicUpdate mixin described at
http://blog.bolkey.com/2010/05/creating-a-news-feed-in-tapestry-5

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Quartz is nice but if you need something simple to happen every minute
just use plain Java:
		timer = new Timer();
		timer.scheduleAtFixedRate(new TimerTask() {
			@Override
			public void run() {
				// do something
				}