Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Marta Gascó Julio <mg...@care-t.com> on 2006/12/12 18:16:38 UTC

Qüestion about VelocityContext

I'm trying to change the encoding of VelocityContext. I would like to do something like that:

VelocityContext lNVContext = new VelocityContext();
lNVContext.CurrentResource.Encoding = "ISO-8859-1";

But while tracing, CurrentResource is always null. Do you know any way of changing the encoding before merge? I would like to use in my templates accents and "ñ" (letter used in spanish)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marta Gascó Julio
Transformation Engines Coordinator
mgasco@care-t.com

CARE TECHNOLOGIES, S.A.
Tel. +34 96 643 5555 - Fax. +34 96 643 5554
www.olivanova.com
Grupo de Empresas CHG

Re: Qüestion about VelocityContext

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
There is no encoding property for the context.

You need to change the encoding for the output file.

If the source template itself has latin characters, you'll also want
to specify that encoding with getTemplate(resourceName, encoding).

WILL

On 12/12/06, Marta Gascó Julio <mg...@care-t.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to change the encoding of VelocityContext. I would like to do something like that:
>
> VelocityContext lNVContext = new VelocityContext();
> lNVContext.CurrentResource.Encoding = "ISO-8859-1";
>
> But while tracing, CurrentResource is always null. Do you know any way of changing the encoding before merge? I would like to use in my templates accents and "ñ" (letter used in spanish)
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Marta Gascó Julio
> Transformation Engines Coordinator
> mgasco@care-t.com
>
> CARE TECHNOLOGIES, S.A.
> Tel. +34 96 643 5555 - Fax. +34 96 643 5554
> www.olivanova.com
> Grupo de Empresas CHG

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain