Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com> on 2004/10/15 23:27:33 UTC

forrest wholesite 'bug'

There's a minor bug in the whole_site mechanism: It displays the PDFs
item (which contains only the Whole Site HTML & PDF links) in the
generated output. This is silly, since it's a circular reference
(although in the wholesite.html & wholesite.pdf files they have no
content). These items should have the functionality of PDF-TAB's
wholesite='false'. Unfortunately, I can't seem to add this. IMO, it
should actually have this by default.

On a side note, I don't recall this issue[1] ever being resolved.
However, it appears to be working... FWIW, I didn't have to follow the
instructions in that thread. I just uncommented what's in site.xml:
   <pdfs label="PDFs" wholesite='false'>
     <whole_site_html label="Whole site HTML" href="wholesite.html"
wholesite='false'/>
     <whole_site_pdf label="Whole site PDF" href="wholesite.pdf"
wholesite='false'/>
   </pdfs>

(NOTE: My unsuccessful attempt at 'hiding' these links from the
/wholesite.html & /wholesite.pdf. I also tried placing that with just
the parent <pdfs label="PDFs" wholesite='false'>)

[1]
http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listId=260&msgNo=381

Web Maestro Clay
--