Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Kogelheide, Ryan SSBC:EX" <Ry...@gov.bc.ca> on 2011/03/01 23:05:51 UTC

[users@httpd] libtool mangles run path

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to work around an issue with the Solaris 9 gcc where it ignores the LD_RUN_PATH. To get my compile to work, I add my run path using -R to my CC variable before calling configure. This works in most cases.

The problem is that when I subsequently try to add a module (mod_perl in this case), its libraries end up having a mixed-up run path. In particular, it ends up putting the HTTPD libraries last. This means that APR.so ends up pointing to my system libraries instead of the HTTPD libraries.

Looking at libtool, I can see that it has some routines for trimming out duplicate libpaths. I can't figure out exactly what code is mangling it, but I'm wondering if anyone knows a workaround? Are there environment variables that libtool will pay attention to that I can use to force my runpath? Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Ryan