Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Edward Slattery <ed...@googlemail.com> on 2006/02/03 10:05:27 UTC

Deploying services restricted by interface.

This may be a dumb question, but it isn't my first.

I was trying to deploy a web service which has several different
functionalities exposed to different users. I thought the way to do this
would be to define several interfaces, and have my service implement them
all, then define in the wsdd file each exposed set of
functionality as a different service.

I.E I have interfaces called AccountsManagement and  AccountsLogging. My
AccountsService implements them both. I was hoping to
say:

<service name="AccountsLogging" provider="java:RPC">
    <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="AccountsLogging"/>
    <parameter name="className" value="web.accounts.AccountsService"/>
  </service>

 <service name="AccountsManagement" provider="java:RPC">
    <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="AccountsManagement"/>
    <parameter name="className" value="web.accounts.AccountsService"/>
  </service>
where the allowedMethods values are Interfaces, not method names.

I can see I could list all the methods of each interface as allowedMethods,
but was wondering if it would make sense to add the capacity to
maybe specify value="interface:InterfaceName" to the allowedMethods?

RE: Deploying services restricted by interface.

Posted by Tom Jordahl <tj...@adobe.com>.
Hi Edward,

I think this isn't a bad idea.  Is it worth the effort?  You could just
build a facade/proxy class that would accomplish the same thing, no?

Tom Jordahl
Adobe Server Development