Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/22 09:41:07 UTC

Re: Multiuser setup on Hive

You could use SASL / kerberos implementation within HiveServer2. Depends on a kerberosized cluster, too. Hive's metastore server provides the same mechanism, but isn't fully multi connect ready.
Here's a link:
http://ben-tech.blogspot.de/2012/10/hive-server-2-in-cdh41.html

- Alex

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

Re: Multiuser setup on Hive

Posted by Michel Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.
User 2 has the permission to delete database2 because he created it.
Did the OP mean that user1 can delete it?  If so there are permissions that would prevent that.

Mike Segel

Re: Multiuser setup on Hive

Posted by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.
That means a separate metastore per User / different port. Please have in mind, anyone should maintain this. On top, the user has to choose the right JDBC connection. I have my doubt on such a installation ;)

cheers,
 Alex

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz