Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "sumit.wattal" <su...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/11 20:10:54 UTC

what credentials does activemq-bstat accept

Hi,

I have a ActiveMQ 5.8 broker setup on my machine and wanted to check the
broker stats. While running activemq-admin bstat <brokername> --jmxurl
service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://127.0.0.1:1099/jmxrmi --jmxuser <userName from
jmx.access> --jmxpassword <password from jmx.password> I always get an
exception saying - Authentication failed! Credentials required

I have configured the broker to use Jmx.

Thanks,

Sumit

RE: what credentials does activemq-bstat accept

Posted by "Thomas, Ishmael L" <it...@regis.edu>.
It depends on your web service infrastructure. For example, if you're using pure web servers like Apache Tom Cat to authenticate JMS requests before reaching an EJB container hosting JMS services (resources), then you'll have to modify xml files and use one of the following security realms in the web container to configure the appropriate security roles: DataSourceRealm, JNDIRealm, JDBCRealm, and MemoryRealm. If you're using an EJB like GlassFish without a web server front-end to maintain security access to JMS services (resources), then you can use GlassFish services (GUI) to modify security and authentication (roles) for JMS services (resources) without having to modify xml files. So, you have to determine what type of JEE container is managing your security credentials. From there, you need to determine how roles and resources are mapped by that container.

Sincerely,
Ishmael Thomas

Posted by "sumit.wattal" <su...@gmail.com>.
Yes, My useJmx property of the broker is set to true and the createConnector
property of the managementContext is set to false. Other than that I am
setting up the JMX port in the activemq script to 1099.

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
have you set up JMX as documented here? http://activemq.apache.org/jmx.html
can you log into jconsole w/ the same user/password ?

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 11:10 AM, sumit.wattal <su...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a ActiveMQ 5.8 broker setup on my machine and wanted to check the
> broker stats. While running activemq-admin bstat <brokername> --jmxurl
> service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://127.0.0.1:1099/jmxrmi --jmxuser <userName
> from
> jmx.access> --jmxpassword <password from jmx.password> I always get an
> exception saying - Authentication failed! Credentials required
>
> I have configured the broker to use Jmx.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sumit

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog