Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Hovhannes Avoyan <ha...@brience.com> on 2000/07/04 21:06:30 UTC

SOAP with Xerces 1.1.2 (bug in Xerces 1.1.2 ?)

I found that there is a bug in Xerces 1.1.2 package that creates well-known Deserialization problem. It is in ElementImpl.java getAttributeNS method, which returns either null or empty string in the case when do not have the appropriate attribute. In the SOAP package it is only the 'null' condition is checked. The possible solution is to check both null and "" or correct this method in Xerces package.

I posted that mesage to IBM SOAP discussion group as well.

Regards

Hovhannes Avoyan