Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2011/11/25 06:26:11 UTC

Download CGI script and site plugin

Hi all,

I've created a Commons-like download page for RAT

<http://incubator.apache.org/rat/download_rat.cgi>

This consists of a small shell script and a corresponding HTML template
generated from an xdoc page.

I don't know how to ensure the CGI script is executable after site:site
or more importantly after site:deploy.  So far I've deployed the site
manually and made sure all permissions are correct.  Any ideas?

Stefan

Re: Download CGI script and site plugin

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25 November 2011 05:26, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've created a Commons-like download page for RAT
>
> <http://incubator.apache.org/rat/download_rat.cgi>
>
> This consists of a small shell script and a corresponding HTML template
> generated from an xdoc page.
>
> I don't know how to ensure the CGI script is executable after site:site
> or more importantly after site:deploy.  So far I've deployed the site
> manually and made sure all permissions are correct.  Any ideas?

AFAIK, the Commons cgi scripts are not stored in SVN, so they are
created once on the server with the correct permissions.
They are all identical so it's easy to recreate one by renaming a copy.