Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Clark, Anthony" <ac...@umich.edu> on 2002/12/04 19:48:06 UTC

New User Directories at Runtime?

Hi,

I'm currently setting up a class using tomcat and user directories with the <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.startup.UserConfig" ../> and I was wondering about the following items:

1)  If I add a new user, currently it seems that Tomcat doesn't recognise that user's ~/webapps directory at runtime.  That is, I have to restart the tomcat service (using RPMs on RedHat 7.2).  Is there anyway for Tomcat to recognise new user-webapp directories at runtime?

2)  Will Tomcat pick up any changes to WEB-INF directories at runtime, or do I have to restart for this as well?

Thanks!

/*
 * Anthony Clark
 * e-Lab Systems Administrator
 * University of Michigan Business School
 * 701 Tappan Street, Rm A2120
 * Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1234
 * Tel: (734) 764 2295
 * Cel: (734) 262 0933 (out of hours emergencies)
 * Fax: (734) 763 4032
 * aclrk@umich.edu
 */