Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Olivier Sannier <ob...@free.fr> on 2009/01/05 15:58:00 UTC

Win32 binaries for latest versions

Hi all,

Up until the 1.5.3 release, Troy Simpson was posting a message in the
announce mailing list presenting the Win32 binaries a few days after the
releases were made public.
For 1.5.4 and 1.5.5, no announcement was made, and I cannot find the msi
packages alongside those of previous releases.
Has anything changed with respect to Win32 binaries that I'm not aware of?
Is there another place to look at for those binaries?

Thanks for your help

Regards
Olivier

Re: Win32 binaries for latest versions

Posted by we...@kuhnle.com.
Hi,

I noticed this too, but I don't know about the reason;

I'm now using the Slik-Subversion edition (see http://www.sliksvn.com/en/download)
instead of the CollabNet Subversion (see http://www.collab.net/downloads/subversion/ )
because the latter contains Apache that I don't need/want.

Werner

To: obones@free.fr
Cc: users@subversion.tigris.org

Re: Win32 binaries for latest versions

Posted by Olivier Sannier <ob...@free.fr>.
eg wrote:
> Olivier Sannier wrote:
>

>> So if this MSI is no longer created by "ebswift", is there a place
>> where I can find the sources for that MSI so that I can generate it?
>>

> The sources for building the MSI files are committed to the subversion
> repository in the trunk. You can find them at:
>
> http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/packages/windows-WiX
>

> They use the WiX installer toolset (http://wix.sourceforge.net/) and
> SharpDevelop 3.

Excellent, thanks for the pointer.
After adjusting the source folders, and stripping the help file out, I
was able to generate the package with SharpDevelop.
If anyone wants the MSI file, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers

Posted by eg <eg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Sannier <ob...@free.fr>.
Thanks for this, I already saw that link but the setup is not
straightforward as it seems I need to download two packages to get both
the command line and apache modules.
All this is contained in the zip file that I can find here :
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=91
And this is the same zip file that was used to create the MSI file that
can be seen in the same folder.
So if this MSI is no longer created by "ebswift", is there a place where
I can find the sources for that MSI so that I can generate it?

Right now I'll be using the zip file, but I quite liked the MSI file as
it allowed easy remote deployment.

Cheers
Olivier

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.