Posted to users@maven.apache.org by michel <Mi...@Sun.COM> on 2007/12/23 01:37:34 UTC

a question

Hello,

I have just installed Maven 2.0.8 on Windows XP SP2.
Commands do not seem to work-- and I cannot find the response in the doc.
It is my first installed version of Maven, and I don't use a proxy...

Please could you help me ?

Thanks,
-michel
---

Here are examples the trace:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_03\lib>mvn -Dplugin=install help:describe

[INFO] Scanning for projects...

[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'help'.

[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-help-plugin: checking for
updates

from central

*[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'artifact
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-help*

*-plugin' could not be retrieved from repository: central due to an
error: Error*

*transferring file*

[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted

[INFO]

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[INFO]

*[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-help-plugin' does not
exist or*

* no valid version could be found*

[INFO]

[INFO]

[INFO] Total time: 2 seconds

---
The other commands produce similar errors, like:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_03\lib>mvn install

[INFO] Scanning for projects...

[INFO]

[INFO] Building Maven Default Project

[INFO] task-segment: [install]

[INFO]

[INFO]

*[ERROR] BUILD ERROR*

[INFO]

*[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin'
does not exi*

*st or no valid version could be found*

[INFO]

[INFO]

[INFO] Total time: < 1 second

[INFO] Finished at: Sun Dec 23 01:07:21 CET 2007

[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/4M

[INFO]

A final one:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_03\lib>mvn -e install:install-file
-DgroupId=com.

sun -DartifactId=jaf -Dversion=1.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=lib/activation.jar

+ Error stacktraces are turned on.

[INFO] Scanning for projects...

[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'install'.

[INFO]

*[ERROR] BUILD ERROR*

[INFO]

*[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin' does

Re: a question

Posted by Insitu <ab...@oqube.com>.
michel <Mi...@Sun.COM> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have just installed Maven 2.0.8 on Windows XP SP2.
> Commands do not seem to work-- and I cannot find the response in the doc.
> It is my first installed version of Maven, and I don't use a proxy...
>
> Please could you help me ?

Hello,
It sometimes happen that maven tries to download an artifact, fails to
do so, then leaves the local repository in such a state that later
downloading is prevented. May be you can try removing the dircetory
org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-help-plugin from the repository.

HTH
--
Arnaud Bailly, PhD
OQube - Software Engineering