Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by to...@ketro.com on 2017/06/16 18:59:14 UTC

Undefined subroutine &UNIVERSAL::ref::_hook called at /ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 288

Hey there, I'm getting random but sequential internal server errors,
which Apache logs showing:

Undefined subroutine &UNIVERSAL::ref::_hook called at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.24.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm
line 288

After refreshing the browser, the errors may continue a few times and
then resolve themselves. Later on they return. The pattern has not been
discernible. The server is not under heavy load.

Any ideas?

--
Christopher Bragg
 Ketro Venture

Re: Undefined subroutine &UNIVERSAL::ref::_hook called at /ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 288

Posted by Vincent Veyron <vv...@wanadoo.fr>.
On Fri, 16 Jun 2017 11:59:14 -0700
to@ketro.com wrote:

> Hey there, I'm getting random but sequential internal server errors,
> which Apache logs showing:
>
> Undefined subroutine &UNIVERSAL::ref::_hook called at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.24.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm
> line 288
>
> After refreshing the browser, the errors may continue a few times and
> then resolve themselves. Later on they return.

That could be because of apache forking new processes to serve requests : the faulty process shows the error, then your next request is served by a new process which compiles for some reason.

You might want to try to run in single process mode :

https://perl.apache.org/docs/general/control/control.html#Running_a_Server_in_Single_Process_Mode

--
					Bien à vous, Vincent Veyron

https://compta.libremen.com
Logiciel libre de comptabilité générale en partie double