Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM> on 2014/07/29 04:16:04 UTC

A place for jclouds Development Tools

Another pain point in the release, testing, and verification of jclouds is the lack of a proper place to put our tools. Right now they’re scattered about.

* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jclouds/
* http://people.apache.org/~abayer/
* http://people.apache.org/~andrewp/

It also sounds like the lack of a home for tooling has prevented the contribution of a benchmarking tool [1]. The conversation on it continued in this PR [2] but died out.

It would be extremely helpful to have a place to put our scripts for releasing, testing, verifying, and benchmarking jclouds. Instead of creating yet another repo, is there any reason we can’t just have a tools dir in the main repo?

I’ve created a PR [3] for it. If there’s discussion over it, let’s have it here. If there’s consensus (lazy or not), I’ll just go ahead and merge it.

Thanks,
Everett

[1] http://apache.markmail.org/message/frqawbatqjqgzonb
[2] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/239