Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Josh Berry <jb...@plus.net> on 2006/01/11 10:14:14 UTC

Marked as spam when under required score

Hi there,

I having a problem with one of our platforms that run spamassassin where
mail seems to be flagged as spam even though it does not hit the score
required. Running

	spamassassin -t examplemail

(where examplemail is the full headers and body from a message, which is
being sent from actinic catalogue). This gives the output:

Spam detection software, running on the system "ptb-cgirelay01", has

Content preview:  Dear Mr M A Woodhouse, Thank you for shopping at
  allplas.co.uk . We have received and are processing the following
  order: Order Number: MA22AN72006795 Order Date: 9 January 2006 10:45
  GMT [...]

Content analysis details:   (-2.6 points, 5.5 required)

 pts rule name              description
---- ----------------------
 0.2 NO_REAL_NAME           From: does not include a real name
-2.8 ALL_TRUSTED            Did not pass through any untrusted hosts

As you can see, the message is scored as -2.6 but still flagged as
possible spam. I don't see how adding a custom rule would help here as
it is not looking at the score correctly. The only thing I can think is
that it doesn't like the -ve number but that  doesn't sound right.

Any ideas on why this is happening welcome.

SpamAssassin version 3.0.2
  running on Perl version 5.8.4
Debian Linux 2.6.8-2-686-smp

+ -----   Plusnet - The smarter way to Broadband!   ----- +

Re: Marked as spam when under required score

Posted by Magnus Holmgren <ho...@lysator.liu.se>.
Josh Berry skrev:
> Hi there,
>
> I having a problem with one of our platforms that run spamassassin where
> mail seems to be flagged as spam even though it does not hit the score
> required. Running
>
> 	spamassassin -t examplemail
>
> (where examplemail is the full headers and body from a message, which is
> being sent from actinic catalogue). This gives the output:
>
> Spam detection software, running on the system "ptb-cgirelay01", has
> identified this incoming email as possible spam.  [...]

That's what spamassassin -t does. From the man page:

>     -t, --test-mode
>         Test mode.  Pipe message through and add extra report.  Note
>         that the report text assumes that the message is spam, since
>         in normal use it is only visible in this case. Pay attention
>         to the score instead.

Do you see any other symptoms?

--
Magnus Holmgren

Re: Marked as spam when under required score

Posted by Josh Berry <jb...@plus.net>.
On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 11:15 -0500, Theo Van Dinter wrote:

> $ man spamassassin
> [...]
>        -t, --test-mode
>            Test mode.  Pipe message through and add extra report.
>            Note that the report text assumes that the message is
>            spam, since in normal use it is only visible in this case.
>            Pay attention to the score instead.

hmmmm, just me being an idiot then :)

Thanks
Josh

Re: Marked as spam when under required score

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 09:14:14AM +0000, Josh Berry wrote:
> 	spamassassin -t examplemail
> being sent from actinic catalogue). This gives the output:
> Spam detection software, running on the system "ptb-cgirelay01", has
> identified this incoming email as possible spam.  The original message
[...]
> Any ideas on why this is happening welcome.

$ man spamassassin
[...]
       -t, --test-mode
           Test mode.  Pipe message through and add extra report.
           Note that the report text assumes that the message is
           spam, since in normal use it is only visible in this case.
           Pay attention to the score instead.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Real programmers never work 9 to 5. If any real programmers are around at

Re: Marked as spam when under required score

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> required. Running
>
> spamassassin -t examplemail
>
> (where examplemail is the full headers and body from a message, which is
> being sent from actinic catalogue). This gives the output:

The -t option is "test" and says "always give the info as though it was a
spam".

Remove that option and try again.

        Loren

Posted by br...@sptroth.com.
Hello all

Environement:
I'm using Amavisd-new 2.2.1-5 (for Virusscaning) with Postfix 2.1.5 as MTA
and Spamassasin 3.0.3 on a Suse linux 9.0 Host

Normal message process:
SMTP  >  Postfix  >  Amavisd-new  >  Postfix  >  Spamd > Relay Host

Failure:
When a special message is incoming (like below) amavisd-new
"corrects" the bad header and adds an additional header, but other headers
ar lost.
So the message cannot be procesed as spam (subject line is empty)
and will be delivered as a clean message.
SpamAssasin works fine.

Question:
Has someone any idea how to fix this problem

Regards
Bruno

Sample Message: (Body conent)

] (helo=.vergenet.net)
             by smtp4.cistron.nl with esmtp ()
             id 5AQ6iH-0789CR-00; Thu, 05 Jan 2006 02:40:21 -0700
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:38:21 +0400
From: "Frank Copeland" <kc...@bulldogneon.com>
To: keith.hanover@sptca.com
Subject:  >->->SPAM<-<-< your usage statistics

DIGEST_MULTIPLE=0.098,PYZOR_CHECK=3.451,RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET=1.216,
             RCVD_IN_XBL=3.076,SARE_OBFUENLARGE=2.5,SARE_OBFUPENIS=1.666,
             URIBL_JP_SURBL=2.462 Autolearn=disabled Version=3.0.4

-Sensattional revolution in meedicine!

-E-nlarge your p-enis up to 10 cm or up to 4 inches!

-It's herbal solution what hasn't side effect, but has 100% guaranteed
results!

-Don't loose your chance and but know wihtout doubts, you will be impressed
with results!

Clisk h-ere: http://kcabangalore.info