Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by TOM SZALLER <ma...@wowway.com> on 2019/05/23 18:33:29 UTC

Downloads

Hi,
I'm trying to download your OpenOffice for Windows7 to be able to edit and use the .doc files that I've made in Microsoft Word 2000 & 2007, but when I try I keep getting "styles failing to load" and so no download. Also will your software do what I"m trying to get done?
Hope your site is fixed soon and your software does what I need,
Tom Szaller

Re: Downloads

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org>.
Hi Tom

>     I'm trying to download your OpenOffice for Windows7 to be able to edit and use the .doc files that I've made in Microsoft Word 2000 & 2007, but when I try I keep getting "styles failing to load" and so no download. Also will your software do what I"m trying to get done?

Yes, OpenOffice will allow you to edit and use your .doc and .docx documents. However it will not allow you to save again in .docx (aka Word 2007)
You can save in .doc (aka Word 2000) but unless you need to keep it in that format to send to someone (who is stuck on that format), it is better to save them in ODT (Open Document) for future compatibility with any word processor.

Your download problem seems to be caused by your Browser (not a Server issue)
Please try this direct link to the Apache server
http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.6/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.6_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe

Best,
Pedro

Re: Downloads

Posted by Jürgen Lange <jl...@juergen-lange.de>.
Hi Tom,

the grey "Problem Downloading" option you will see, on thr
SourceForge.net site after pressing the "Download full instalation" or
the "Download language pack" button on the Apache OpenOffice site.

Have a nice day
Jürgen

Re: Downloads

Posted by TOM SZALLER <ma...@wowway.com>.