Posted to rivet-user@tcl.apache.org by J <bo...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/17 15:32:15 UTC

TCL PAM

Hi, I'm new to TCL but I really want to try out rivet. After a long search in google both for rivet PAM and tcl PAM, it seems that there is nothing relate to PAM and TCL. Can TCL authenticate user through PAM in other word, can rivet authenticate web user through PAM.
For other languages, such as PHP and Python, they both have a module to support PAM, php_pam and pypam. I'm looking for similar thing in Rivet.

Thank you for your help!

Jy.

Re: TCL PAM

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
"J" <bo...@hotmail.com> writes:

Sorry for being a bit slow to reply, but I've been in Spain on
vacation.

> Hi, I'm new to TCL but I really want to try out rivet. After a long
> search in google both for rivet PAM and tcl PAM, it seems that there
> is nothing relate to PAM and TCL. Can TCL authenticate user through
> PAM in other word, can rivet authenticate web user through PAM.

Well, it's not something I've ever done.  Since Rivet uses Tcl, my
advice is to take this question to a more general forum: comp.lang.tcl
if you can, because someone is more likely to know the answer.  The
fact that you are using Rivet is incidental... most things for Tcl
will work just fine under Rivet.

> For other languages, such as PHP and Python, they both have a module
> to support PAM, php_pam and pypam. I'm looking for similar thing in
> Rivet.

Unfortunately, I would go look on google myself, so if you haven't
found it there (web search or archive search on comp.lang.tcl), I
don't know that I can help!

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/