Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Kumiko Yada <Ku...@ds-iq.com> on 2015/12/22 20:00:44 UTC

Put performance test

Hello,

I wrote the python script w/ happybase library to do the performance put test; however, this library is crashing when more than 900000 rows are put.  I'd like to do 1/10/100 million rows put tests.  Is there any tool that I can use for this?

Thanks
Kumiko

RE: Put performance test

Posted by Kumiko Yada <Ku...@ds-iq.com>.
I will try this.  Thanks.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Kumiko:

Re: Put performance test

Posted by iain wright <ia...@gmail.com>.

RE: Put performance test

Posted by Kumiko Yada <Ku...@ds-iq.com>.

RE: Put performance test

Posted by Frank Luo <jl...@merkleinc.com>.
If the table is not pre-split properly and timeout not increased, then region server will crash when compacting.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Looks like happybase has tuned down the retries. Is that possible? It
says:  Failed
1 action: IOException: 1 time. Can you up the retry count? Client probably
needs to ride over a region split or some such.

St.Ack

RE: Put performance test

Posted by Kumiko Yada <Ku...@ds-iq.com>.
It's crashing in the lib.