Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Lueders, Paul T CIV USARMY NGIC (US)" <pa...@mail.mil> on 2017/11/07 20:49:18 UTC

Upgrade from tomcat 7 to tomcat 8.5 (UNCLASSIFIED)

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

I have been tasked with determining what we should use as a web server in the future.  We are currently using tomcat 7 and I thought that it might be good to migrate to version 8.5.
Is the change possible and is it worth it?

Thanks a lot,

Paul Lueders0
CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

Re: Upgrade from tomcat 7 to tomcat 8.5 (UNCLASSIFIED)

Posted by "Igal @ Lucee.org" <ig...@lucee.org>.
On 11/7/2017 12:49 PM, Lueders, Paul T CIV USARMY NGIC (US) wrote:
> CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED
>
> I have been tasked with determining what we should use as a web server in the future.  We are currently using tomcat 7 and I thought that it might be good to migrate to version 8.5.
> Is the change possible and is it worth it?
The short answers are: Yes, and Yes.

You might need to make some minor changes to your configuration files,
but the upgrade shouldn't be too difficult.

Newer versions of Tomcat offer a lot of improvements in features,
security, and performance.

> Thanks a lot,
>
> Paul Lueders0
> CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED