Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Amilcar Batista <ab...@e-steel.com> on 2001/02/26 17:29:45 UTC

How to view the XML generated from a XSP ?

I would like to check and save the XML generated from a XSP? How can I
achieve that?

Thank you
Amilcar

Re: How to view the XML generated from a XSP ?

Posted by Matthew Cordes <mc...@maine.edu>.
Hi,

The 3 options that I can think of are:

1.	don't have an associated stylesheet. You would just see xml
tags if you directed your browser to the associated page.

2.	have your stylesheet generate xml

3.	within your stylesheet (which generates html) collect and display
the xml ( perhaps in a textarea).  I would add it to the textarea using
xsl:copy and document(''), but I'm sure they are other options.

For the saving part, i would take the lazy approach and just use
lynx to call a page displaying just the xml and store it in a file..
perhaps w/ different params.
e.g.

	lynx -source "http://mysite.com/myxsp-page-which-makes-xml.xml?param=xyz" > $output_dir/$out_file

-matt