Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Brice Lambi <la...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/24 00:43:36 UTC

javascript toolkits in a portlet environment

I've been trying out some different js toolkits in a portlet and have been
having some trouble with them.  Particularly css styling and positioning on
the page.  Most of these problems seem to stem from the fact that you don't
have control of the whole document and can't put css and script includes in
the head.  I've encountered problems with Dojo 0.9 and YUI 2.3.0.  Does
anyone have any advice for using toolkits like these in a portlet
environment?

Thanks,
brice

RE: javascript toolkits in a portlet environment

Posted by "Ford, Jennifer M." <JE...@SOUTHERNCO.COM>.
We did try to use some XForms stuff that required information in the
header, and never found a workaround for that.

However, I have just included JS and CSS files into the main div of my
presentation of the portlet for some simpler DHTML routines and have
been able to access them from there.

Posted by Brice Lambi <la...@gmail.com>.
The jetspeed desktop uses dojo 0.4 correct?  I have used that in the past
with portlets and had very little trouble.  Do you have any plans to migrate
to dojo 0.9?  I've been exploring the extjs toolkit and I haven't had any
problems with it so far.

Brice

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.