Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jeff <je...@logyka.org> on 2005/10/22 22:25:40 UTC

Bug (maybe?) resolved in eclipse plugin for .wtpmodules

(Sorry for my poor english.  Hopefully, I'm not as dumb as my english
sound...)

The eclipse plugin didn't generate a correct .wtpmodule for me.  The
dependencies artifact where not included.

I traced back the problem to the call to project.getArtifacts() in
EclipseWtpmodulesWriter (line 193) wich always returned an empty list.

In EclipsePlugin, line 357, I changed the parameter "executedProject" to
"project" to mimic the call used to generate the .classpath file, wich
contained all dependencies,.and it solved the problem.  The generated
.wtpmodule now have all dependencies defined.

Did I find a bug, or my pom.xml was wrong?

Re: Bug (maybe?) resolved in eclipse plugin for .wtpmodules

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@caltha.pl>.
Jeff wrote:
> (Sorry for my poor english.  Hopefully, I'm not as dumb as my english
> sound...)

Hey, your English is fine, no need to worry!

> The eclipse plugin didn't generate a correct .wtpmodule for me.  The
> dependencies artifact where not included.
>
> I traced back the problem to the call to project.getArtifacts() in
> EclipseWtpmodulesWriter (line 193) wich always returned an empty list.
>
> In EclipsePlugin, line 357, I changed the parameter "executedProject" to
> "project" to mimic the call used to generate the .classpath file, wich
> contained all dependencies,.and it solved the problem.  The generated
> .wtpmodule now have all dependencies defined.
>
> Did I find a bug, or my pom.xml was wrong?

I don't see why the logic for .wtpmodules should be different than for
the .classpath, and your change fixes a problem - so you are probably right.
Please make a diff with your change and post it in Jira.
Thanks!

R.