Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Marc Roos <M....@f1-outsourcing.eu> on 2020/08/26 09:11:17 UTC

marathon (or java) container contantly oom

Recently I enabled the cpu and memory isolators on my test cluster. And
since then I have been seeing the marathon containers (when becoming
leader) increase memory usage from ~400MB until they oom at 850MB
(checking vi systemd-cgtop).

Now I am testing with these settings from this page[1]

JAVA_OPTS "-Xshare:off -XX:+UseSerialGC -XX:+TieredCompilation
-XX:TieredStopAtLevel=1 -Xint -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions
-XX:+UseJVMCICompiler"
LD_PRELOAD "/usr/lib64/libjemalloc.so.1"

Is someone able to share an efficient config? Or is it not possible to
get marathon running below 1GB? At the moment I have only ~10 tasks.

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53451103/java-using-much-more-memory-than-heap-size-or-size-correctly-docker-memory-limi

RE: marathon (or java) container contantly oom

Posted by Marc Roos <M....@f1-outsourcing.eu>.

Thanks for this, I will stop trying then. What I noticed, but I am not
sure about this. Is that it starts getting worse with consuming memory
after the webinterface has been accessed by me. Then the usage climbs
more rapidly.

AFAIK it hasn't been fixed yet. You can tune GC or increase memory
limits, but the memory usage will grow indefinitely with a higher number
of tasks.

Regards,
Tomas

Posted by Tomas Barton <ba...@gmail.com>.