Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Todd Lipcon <to...@apache.org> on 2017/01/05 04:52:27 UTC

1.2 release status

Hey folks,

I hope everyone has had a nice new year and settling back into "real life"
:)

Just writing a note to update on the status of 1.2:

- Code-wise, I'm not aware of any blocker issues that are still pending.
So, I think unless a really serious issue pops up, we should consider 1.2
frozen from any code changes. The only exception I can imagine would be
something like altering a flag-tag.

- The window is still open on docs improvements. In particular, we need to
get going on release notes. I took a first stab here:
https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/c/5604/

Please take a look at the above release notes:
- did I miss anything worth noting?
- is what I wrote accurate?
- anything seem too-detailed for the context of release notes and should be
removed or shortened?

Assuming we can get the release notes and other docs changes in order over
the next few days, I'd like to have a release candidate up for voting the
beginning of next week.

Thanks
-Todd