Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by Von Gosling <vo...@apache.org> on 2017/03/03 01:44:29 UTC

new committer: Roman Shtykh and Dongeforever

Hi All,

The Podling Project Management Committee (PPMC) for Apache RocketMQ has invited Roman Shtykh and dongeforever to become a committer and we are pleased to announce that he has accepted. Later, we will update our website team introduction. :-)

Below is their merit for Apache RocketMQ:

Roman is very active in RocketMQ community, has opened 16 PRs[1] so far, 9 PRs have been merged.

Roman also have some contributions in rocketmq-flume-ng(rocketmq community project[2])

On the other hand, Roman has integrate Apache RocketMQ with Apache Ignite(shroman is a committer of Ignite[3]) in Apache Ignite 2.0[4][5]. it’s a good start for embracing other apache projects.

Dongeforever has opened 9 PRs at present, 7 PRs have been merged[6].The most valuable PR has brought integration test for released RocketMQ 4.0.0, the RC need pass both the integration test and unit tests[7].

There is another feature[8] for RocketMQ in progress, which can bring batch processing ability, let RocketMQ can handle millions of log messages. We are accelerating to review and merge this PR.

What’s more? Dongeforever also has some contributions in rocketmq-jms(rocketmq community project)[9].

PS.

We are always very happy to have contributions, whether for trivial cleanups or big new features. We want to have high quality, well documented codes for each programming language, as well as the surrounding ecosystem of integration tools that people use with RocketMQ.

Nor is code the only way to contribute to the project. We strongly value documentation, integration with other project, and gladly accept improvements for these aspects.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-rocketmq/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr%20author%3Ashroman%20 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-rocketmq/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is:pr%20author:shroman>
[2] https://github.com/rocketmq/rocketmq-flume-ng/commits/master?author=shroman <https://github.com/rocketmq/rocketmq-flume-ng/commits/master?author=shroman>
[3] https://ignite.apache.org/community/resources.html#people <https://ignite.apache.org/community/resources.html#people>
[4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROCKETMQ-41 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROCKETMQ-41>
[5] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4539 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4539>

[6] https://github.com/apache/incubator-rocketmq/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr%20author%3Adongeforever%20 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-rocketmq/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is:pr%20author:dongeforever>
[7] https://github.com/apache/incubator-rocketmq/pull/46 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-rocketmq/pull/46>
[8] https://github.com/apache/incubator-rocketmq/pull/53 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-rocketmq/pull/53>
[9] https://github.com/rocketmq/rocketmq-jms/commits/master?author=dongeforever <https://github.com/rocketmq/rocketmq-jms/commits/master?author=dongeforever>

Thanks,
The Apache RocketMQ Team

Re: new committer: Roman Shtykh and Dongeforever

Posted by Xinyu Zhou <zh...@xinyu.im>.
Hi, roman & dongeforever
Congratulations & welcome.
Let's work together to build a better RocketMQ community.
Regards, yukon

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 10:36 PM, Roman Shtykh <rs...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
I am very glad and honored to become a member of the RocketMQ team.Thank you.
--Roman

On Friday, March 3, 2017 3:28 PM, Zhanhui Li <li...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Congratulations & welcome.

Looking forward to working along with you guys.

Zhanhui Li

Posted by Roman Shtykh <rs...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Zhanhui Li <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi,