Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2005/11/19 05:19:20 UTC

Create a security committee?

All,

I'd really like to have a group of interested and available people to
review security-related changes to Geronimo.  And by this I mean,
features dealing with SSL, security realms, storing files with
passwords, showing passwords in the console, establishing procedures
for "locking down the server", reviewing vulnerability reports, etc.
I don't really mean nitty gritty details of JACC or conducting a
comprehensive security audit of the entire codebase.

What would people think of that, and are there any volunteers?

I should also note that I expect some vulnerabilities to be reported
to the PMC rather than to the public list, but I think a lot can be
done outside the PMC as well (or maybe I should exclude reviewing
vulnerability reports from what I'm talking about, I don't know if
there's a policy there).

Thanks,
    Aaron

Re: Create a security committee?

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
I'd like to at least observe this, and participate where I can.

I suggest we exclude vulnerability reports from this so more people
can participate.

-dain

Posted by Donald Woods <dr...@yahoo.com>.
I would also like to help in this endeavor...

-Donald

Posted by "Kresten Krab Thorup (Trifork)" <kr...@trifork.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
I'd be happy to help out. Limiting distribution of vulnerabilities to the
PMC would pose a problem for me, however. I'm also unsure that limiting
distribution of vulnerabilities is a good idea at this point: 1) the
exposure is low and 2) better to keep all involved/aware rather than a
limited few...
 --kevan

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
count me in.