Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jim Serio <ji...@rollercoaster.com> on 2000/07/18 22:33:08 UTC

Re: why would I use mod_perl instead of Perl ?

> Is there any difference in the way I'd have to write my perl scripts if
> using mod_perl?  I have a small commercial web server, run a perl web ring

You should really glance at the documentation. If you
program using strict and don't use global vars then your
off to a good start but there's a chance you'll still
have to do some minor modifications.

If you're just learning Perl, you shoudl look into
mod_perl. I've had two programmer under me learn Perl
in conjunction with mod_perl and IMO you become a
cleaner programmer since you're forced to be more
strict.

YMMV

Jim
--