Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by zoe slattery <zo...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/22 18:11:21 UTC

Blog Sample

  I now have a working version of the blog sample. Yay!

I have a question about one of the fixes though. In Joe's most recent
fix he fixed Java code in BloggingServiceImpl.java (which probably
needed fixing anyway). I think Joe was avoiding an NPE which was caused
by changes to changes to the blueprint configuration to comment out the
optional service.
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/aries/trunk/samples/blog/blog-biz/src/main/resources/OSGI-INF/blueprint/blueprint.xml).

With the recent changes to re-instate the no-op resolver, should I be
able to revert the changes to the blueprint as well? If I do, what else
will need fixing? Tests?

Zoë

RE: Blog Sample

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@hotmail.com>.
Now that I've "fixed" ARIES-425, the blog sample can be used complete with optional services and OBR. There is still a problem with the blog (and probably all our bundles) in that they contain spurious, non-standard, Import-Service and Export-Service headers for blueprint services. I've adjusted our code to tolerate the way they specify optionality, but I have no idea what else might go wrong with them.

We really need to find a way to turn them off.

Regards,

Tim

Re: Blog Sample

Posted by Emily Jiang <EM...@uk.ibm.com>.

Re: Blog Sample

Posted by zoe slattery <zo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Blog Sample

Posted by zoe slattery <zo...@gmail.com>.
> Hi,
>
> With respect to commenting I'm planning on committing some updates which remove the comment service since we have no implementation. Maybe one day that will change, but until then I would like the code to be simpler.
OK - I don't have any particular issue with it going altogether, the
only useful thing it was demonstrating was using optional services.
I'm still not sure whether that works or not at the moment. I'd really
rather it was either fully there or fully gone - what we have now with
stuff commented out is worse than either :-)

Re: Blog Sample

Posted by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: Blog Sample