Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by tony vieitez <to...@ntlworld.com> on 2003/12/01 18:49:44 UTC

RE:Security

Hi Ravi

I'm not sure what the difference is! I currently have axis installed as
a web application on Tomcat, and I have implemented a security
constraint in the web.xml file for the axis web app, but when I try to
run the AdminClient with the remote AxisServer, I get a 401 permission
denied message. Would this be an example of (an attempt to use) HTTP
authentication? I would be grateful if you could explain both levels of
authentication.

Thanks

Tony

RE:Security

Posted by vairamuthu thayapavan <vt...@opensource.lk>.
hi Tony

in the HttpAuthentication u can use http header element to pass the
authentication information and u can use the HttpServletRequest methods to
get the user name and the password. but in the soap message level
authentication u need to deserialize ur message to get the password.

in ur case, u used Http level of authentication.

vtpavan