Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by enediel gonzalez <en...@hotmail.com> on 2006/10/13 17:52:25 UTC

Rule categories and spamassassin configuration

Hello:

Is it possible to configure spamassassin to update itself with some rule
sets categories?

Today what I know is that exist some sites on internet where I download
rulesets periodically, I was thinking to have features inside the
configuration files of spamassassin like

medicines_rulesets = yes

and automatically and from a trusted place spamassassin do it for me.

In my opinion, more important than save me time is to concentrate all the
knowledge and experiences in a common place, so in case the community
consider that new rules should be included, putting them in a common place
could be available for every configuration automatically.

If this feature is not implemented, please consider this just like an idea

Consider the case that you maintain different mailers and you need to have
automatically the best configuration for your spamassassin.

Thanks in advance for any answer
Enediel

Linux user 300141
Debian GNU/Linux

Re: Rule categories and spamassassin configuration

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 06:58:42PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> | Is it possible to configure spamassassin to update itself with some rule
> | sets categories?
>
> You can cron-ize sa-update to do this.

FWIW, the official SA rulesets aren't broken up into "groups", it's really an
all-or-nothing update right now.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"6.  Few forest creatures have cellular phones."   - From a Top 10 List

Re: Rule categories and spamassassin configuration

Posted by Odhiambo Washington <wa...@wananchi.com>.
* On 13/10/06 15:52 +0000, enediel gonzalez wrote:
| Hello:
|
| Is it possible to configure spamassassin to update itself with some rule
| sets categories?
|
| Today what I know is that exist some sites on internet where I download
| rulesets periodically, I was thinking to have features inside the
| configuration files of spamassassin like
|
| medicines_rulesets = yes
|
| and automatically and from a trusted place spamassassin do it for me.

You can cron-ize sa-update to do this.

-Wash

DISCLAIMER: See http://www.wananchi.com/bms/terms.php

--
    |\      _,,,---,,_     | Odhiambo Washington    <wa...@wananchi.com>
   |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'| Tel: +254 20 313985-9  +254 20 313922
  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)     | GSM: +254 722 743223   +254 733 744121

You may be recognized soon.  Hide.