Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com> on 2018/09/09 00:48:42 UTC

Re: Make test fails on macOS High Sierra - help needed

This is really old, but it was never answered satisfactorily and it is what
shows up in a Google search for the problem. I'm posting this solution to make
sure it shows up in future searches.

Here is the solution I just found and added to the Apache SpamAssassin wiki

https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/InstallingOnMacHighSierra

I only tested this with perl installed using perlbrew, as that is so much
simpler to use and to install CPAN modules with, but the important part is to
install a current berkeley-db to replace the version 1.x that is now included
with Mac OS X High Sierra. I used homebrew, as in

   brew install berkeley-db

Macports install of db48 should work for that, but I haven't tried it.

Once you have a current berkeley-db you can install the CPAN module DB_File
which is what is needed to fix the problem with installing SpamAssassin.

  -- sidney

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
Daniel J. Luke wrote on 11/09/18 5:58 AM:
> I use this (with a perl I built myself outside of macports) and I can confirm it works.

Cool. Also, FYI, I did a quick test for the DB_File problem in the latest beta
of Mac OS Mojave with the system perl and it did not have this bug. I haven't
had a chance to try to build SpamAssassin, but it looks like at least this
issue is fixed in Mojave.

Re: Make test fails on macOS High Sierra - help needed

Posted by "Daniel J. Luke" <dl...@geeklair.net>.

--
Daniel J. Luke