Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Dhyan Muralidharan <d....@yottaa.com> on 2015/12/02 19:57:17 UTC

Re: Kafka 0.8.2.1 - how to read from __consumer_offsets topic?

I have this same problem . Can someone help ?

--Dhyan

Posted by Marina <pp...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thank you, Lance - this is very useful info!I did figure out what was wrong in my case - the offsets were not stored in KAfka legitimately, they were stored in Zookeeper, I was using a wrong command to inspect ZK content - doing 'ls <path>' instead of 'get <path>'.
Once I used 'get' - I could see correct offsets for all my consumers in ZK. We will switch to using Kafka storage very soon!

Thanks!Marina
Posted by Lance Laursen <ll...@rubiconproject.com>.
Hi Marina,

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

--
-- Guozhang

Re: Kafka 0.8.2.1 - how to read from __consumer_offsets topic?

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Marina,

Posted by Marina <pp...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi, Jason,

I tried the same command both with specifying a formatter and without - same result:

=> /opt/kafka/bin/kafka-console-consumer.sh --formatter kafka.server.OffsetManager\$OffsetsMessageFormatter --consumer.config /tmp/consumer.properties --topic __consumer_offsets --zookeeper localhost:2181 --from-beginning

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.
Hey Marina,

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.