Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com> on 2015/04/07 10:51:44 UTC

[Q?] Updating the Kubernetes-CoreOS Host via REST API?

Hi Devs,

Previously, the following resource was used to update the Kubernetes-CoreOS
Host via REST API:
PATCH kubernetesClusters/{kubernetesClusterId}/minion/{minionId}

However, now the above resource path can not be found in the code base.
Instead, now the following resource path is available:
PUT /kubernetes/update/host

I had to pass the "clusterId" property as well in the JSON that defined the
Kubernetes-CoreOS host.

Q1 -
How come the following resource does not follow the REST API standard
format that has been used for all Stratos API resource paths?
/kubernetes/update/host

Q2 -
Is it correct that the "clusterId" property has to be passed in the
Kubernetes-CoreOS host payload, when the "clusterId" property has not been
defined in the KubernetesHostBean?

Regards,
Mariangela

*--*
Mariangela Hills
Senior Technical Writer

*WSO2, Inc.*lean.enterprise.middleware.
m: +94 773 500185
w: http://wso2.com
<http://wso2.com/events/>

Re: [Q?] Updating the Kubernetes-CoreOS Host via REST API?

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
A good suggestion Gayan! AFAIK JAX-RS only provides GET, POST, PUT, DELETE,
HEAD & OPTIONS by default. For PATCH we might need to implement a custom
annotation [1]

[1] http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs-basics.html

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Q?] Updating the Kubernetes-CoreOS Host via REST API?

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.