Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de> on 2020/08/20 19:38:38 UTC

builds.apache.org: bigtop jobs will get lost

Hi,

honestly I am a bit surprised, looking at builds.apache org:

There are a couple of jobs running there:

One Job:
"Deploys Bigtop test execution into snapshot repository“

mvn clean

export HADOOP_CONF_DIR=
export HADOOP_HOME=
mvn -f bigtop-tests/test-execution/pom.xml -DskipTests -DskipITs deploy -DrepositoryId=apache.snapshots.https

Next Job:
Deploys a top level Bigtop pom file into snapshot repository
mvn deploy

And a post job of both of them

Essentially doing
mvn -f bigtop-tests/test-artifacts/pom.xml -U clean deploy

Question from my side:
Do we need them, since builds@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> will be turned off  in *two* days ?

This seems the result of the job:

https://search.maven.org/search?q=bigtop <https://search.maven.org/search?q=bigtop>

IMO this does not make sense at all any more and can be deleted/lost for good. Or do I miss something ?

Best
   Olaf

Re: builds.apache.org: bigtop jobs will get lost

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Used to be some artifacts for iTest and such AFAIK. I think we don't
care much for them.

Thanks for noticing though!
--
With regards,