Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Philippe Frangioni <pf...@horizonwimba.com> on 2007/04/04 00:29:12 UTC

Attachments & other parameters

Hello,

I want to use attachments to send a file to a server, but I also want to
send an object which contains a description of this file (the file is a
zip file which contains a course, so for example the object may include
the title, the number of chapters...). Let's call this class "CourseInfo".
Actually I can send a file using attachments. My web service method has
a parameter which is an object (a vector) which contains the names of
the attachments (I followed the Axis wiki).

So what can I do to send also the object describing the course?

- I added a CourseInfo parameter to the method, but the CourseInfo class
doesn't appear in the WSDL generated by Java2WSDL, so the CourseInfo
class is not in the files generated by WSDL2Java...

- Or I can add the object in the first parameter (the vector), but the
CourseInfo class still won't be in the files generated by WSDL2Java...

I don't know how to do...
I don't if using attachments limits the number of parameters to only one...

Thanks,
Phil

Re: Attachments & other parameters

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Are you using Axis or Axis2?

If you are using Axis2, then you should use MTOM to send your file. If
it's defined as type xs:base64binary it will be automatically
converted into a attachment. Your method should include all the
parameters you want to send. Make sure you use the -uw option. If
Java2WSDL is not including the manifest parameter, please file a JIRA.

Of course the best way to make this work is to start with the WSDL you want...

Anne