Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Todor Boev <t_...@prosyst.bg> on 2004/04/15 09:52:40 UTC

When is unless/if checked?

Hello all,
My question is when the unless/if conditions to execute a target are checked - only once at the beginning of the build or just prior to target execution? Seems to me that ant goes with the first option because the following:

<target name="condition_checker">
   <property name="condition" value="true"/>
</target>

<target name="conditional" depends="condition_checker" unless="${condition}">
  <echo message="Called with condition: ${condition}"/>
</target>

will output

[echo] Called with condition: true

which is somewhat unexpected because the "conditional" should not be executed when condition=true.

10x in advance for all replys.

Re: When is unless/if checked?

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@corvil.com>.
You need to do:

<target name="conditional" depends="condition_checker" unless="condition">

Peter

Re: When is unless/if checked?

Posted by Ivan Ivanov <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Zdravei Todore,

1) There is an error in your unless usage it should be
unless="condition" (yes, without ${}).
2) An ant property is said to be set if it contains
some value in it. In other words
<property name="condition" value="true"/>
is equivalent to
<property name="condition" value="false"/>
in both cases this property is set since it has a
value in it.

Dovizdane
Ivan Ivanov