Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by St...@aon.com on 2002/02/06 16:45:35 UTC

Re: Service Configuration Parameters [Virus Checked]

Hi-

Under apache soap, you can specify parameters to the soap service in web.xml
using the <init-param> tags. You can specify the location of a soap.xml file
with <param-name> ConfigFile. In soap.xml you can specify an alternative
ConfigManager class that will be responsible for deploying, undeploying, etc.
your soap services. Once you have your own class of this type you can do some
things. For example, you could add a static setValue1 setValue2 etc to your
service and have the ConfigManager read a properties file and set those values
from the file. A file like "classname:propname:value" would be easily parsed.
Alternatively you could have a static String getProperty method on the
ConfigManager and have your services call that. Really there are a lot of
choices once you have your own config manager, and your design should dictate
what you will do.

Actually you could then expand the defn of the service deployment descriptor and
add your things to it, and then have the ConfigManager parse them and remove
them before making them available to soap proper. I wouldn't recommend this
because it really ties you to this particular implementation of SOAP.

HTH,

S-

Mark French <fr...@yahoo.com> on 02/06/2002 04:46:11 AM

Please respond to soap-user@xml.apache.org; Please respond to zzmfrenc@uq.net.au

To:   soap-user@xml.apache.org
cc:    (bcc: Steve Salkin/3rd/US/AON)

Subject:  Service Configuration Parameters  [Virus Checked]

Hi,

Is it possible to specifiy configuration paraameters
in a services deployment descriptor or some other
means.  Basically I need to be able to get hold of the
path to a configuration file in order to set up the
service and really can't hard code these values.

Cheers

Mark

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Re: Service Configuration Parameters [Virus Checked]

Posted by Mark French <fr...@yahoo.com>.
Excellent,

Thanks for your help.  Don't suppose you know anything
about how to return arrays of custom objects?

Cheers

Mark

 --- Steve_Salkin@aon.com wrote: > Hi-

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Re: Service Configuration Parameters [Virus Checked]

Posted by Mark French <fr...@yahoo.com>.
Excellent,

http://uk.my.yahoo.com