Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org> on 2014/11/14 10:01:02 UTC

CouchDB 2.0 features

+ Joan
cc Lynnette

Hi all,

if you have followed the conversations with Sally and Lynnette, I stated
that I am personally a bit blind with CouchDB 2.0 features marketing wise.
I want to change that. So I plan to create a new collaboration page at

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/About+CouchDB

called CouchDB 2.0 Beta. The idea is then to ask the community on dev@ to
add info about new features and improvements there. Or people answer in the
thread and I put it into the page. I will structure it e.g.:

+ core features
+ web ui
+ documentation

*Background

Lynnette started to get in touch with reporters what is extremely cool! I
stated, that I am not able to give an interview with reporters at the
moment. So I hope after putting the features into the wiki page, we have a
consolidated feature package we can use for interviews and other marketing
stuff.

*Questions

I would start to create the page tonight or over the weekend. I would also
like to write the email to dev@ today. Does this collide with the talks at
ApacheCon on Monday 17th? If yes, I for sure wait?

Are there already any resources I can get info about the new features
(maybe at Cloudant)?

Something else I shall take into consideration?

*Disclaimer

Basically I know that CouchDB 2.0 will bring the cluster stuff. But it is
completely diffrent to knowing it or writing it down :)

I know that everybody is kinda busy these days and I highly appreciate all
your work. Thank you! I still hope you find some moments to answer ...

Thanks for your help and all the best

Andy

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

Re: CouchDB 2.0 features

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
> On 14 Nov 2014, at 11:40 , Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> ha! Pauls word is enough :D
>
> Jan, are you ok with me creating the page and writing to dev@ before Monday?

Totally! Thank you :)

Just note that I’m refining the Press Release for Monday as we speak (as this
needs to be ready soon for circulation).

Feel free to chime in:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1haCoxdPnkrY2MNxhlkg7V0xrK3jsL78eemvSFCBcLC4/edit#

Best
Jan

Re: CouchDB 2.0 features

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
ha! Pauls word is enough :D

Jan, are you ok with me creating the page and writing to dev@ before Monday?

On 14 November 2014 10:41, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> > On 14 Nov 2014, at 10:39 , Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 12:36 PM, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
> >> - Faster / Better compactor
> >> - Faster / Better replicator
> >
> > I'd like exclude "Faster" word until we have a numbers to prove that.
>
> I take Paul’s word for it :)
>
> Best
> Jan

Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany
RockIt!

Re: CouchDB 2.0 features

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: CouchDB 2.0 features

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 12:36 PM, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>  - Faster / Better compactor
>  - Faster / Better replicator

I'd like exclude "Faster" word until we have a numbers to prove that.

--
,,,^..^,,,

Re: CouchDB 2.0 features

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Heya Andy,

here are my notes for the “what is new in 2.0” section of one of my
talks at ApacheCon EU on Monday (in no particular order):

- CouchDB 2.0
 - Cluster
 - Fauxton \o/
 - _changes on Views (experimental)
 - Faster / Better compactor
 - Faster / Better replicator
 - Setup
 - Erlangification // means easier to contribute to for other erlang devs
 - Global changes
 - Improved Testing

(this is very raw at this point, let me know if I can get you more context)

Best
Jan