Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/17 19:27:21 UTC

[DAS] Release distributions - PLEASE PROVIDE FEEDBACK

In this week DAS release IRC chat [1], Ant had a proposal to change the DAS
distributed artifacts.

We currently have the following distributions :
   - Source  : have das source implementation (M2)
   - BInary   : have DAS binaries and all necessary dependencies (M2)
   - Sample : sample applications in binary form (war) with attached source
code and derby canned database (M2)
   - Javadoc : DAS implementation javadoc (new after M2)

Ant's proposal would make the distribution layout probably like :

   - Source : DAS source implementation
   - Binary : have DAS binaries and all necessary dependencies + samples
binaries and derby canned database + javadoc

My personal opinion is that, combining the sample together with the binary
distribution would pollute the binary distribution, as the sample
distribution ship derby canned databases and is currently more then 2 times
the size of the binary distribution, without incorporating the new samples
done for the current release, but I'm open for the community point of view.
I'm probably ok  to have javadoc distribution incorporated as part of the
binary distribution.

Please, express your thoughts..

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg17832.html

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: [DAS] Release distributions - PLEASE PROVIDE FEEDBACK

Posted by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com>.
Most users who download binary would want samples. Therefore, they will end
up with the same size of package at the end of the road anyway.

It would be nice to have the same distribution across SDO and DAS.

Posted by Adriano Crestani <ad...@apache.org>.
Hi,