Posted to user@poi.apache.org by jaime <jg...@kfussion.com> on 2011/01/04 13:00:53 UTC

pps files

Hi everybody,

I wonder if there is some chance to open a pps files with hslf, I'm just
able to open ppt files.

thanks,

Jaime

Re: pps files

Posted by Mark Beardsley <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.
I do not know the definitive answer to this question but I am going to guess
not. It seems logical that the structure of these files will differ in some
way from those of the 'normal' Powerpoint file. One thing you may like to do
is create two files identical files with Powerpoint, the first should be a
standard Powerpoint file and the second one of the pps slideshow files.
Next, simply use a hex editor and take a look inside both to see what the
obvious differences are; I am going to guess that they contain quite
differenet data structures (but that is a guess).

Yours

Mark B