Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2004/07/03 15:46:12 UTC

Update to the META plugin

Hi folks,

as you have seen, I've put some updates for the META plugin into the
2.3 branch of the CVS.

I tried to follow the various suggestions that I've gotten via mail
and I would be happy to get some feedback here, especially for the
inplace mode (which I don't use myself but I can see the benefits for
quick app setup).

The design is now more modular with the ability to "plug" new modes
in; I would really love to see an eclipse mode, but as I will not
touch this without using maven and eclipse together and I am simply
not willing and/or able to go through all the loops for setting up
mevenide (sigh. When they were at sf, you simply downloaded a jar, put
it in and ready. It seems that every project that moves to codehaus
gets broken immediately. I really wonder why this happens), I'm
waiting for either an usable mevenide plugin to be available or that
someone with more eclipse + maven kung fu donates such a mode (which
would be really a great thing).

For the current release, I plan on adding two more things:

- A set of properties which allow you to "skip" deployment of application
  parts. I use an experimental turbine.plugin.deploy.config.skip to
  exclude configuration deployment for one of my applications.

- A property that allows you to run the Turbine plugin without
  Torque being setup and built. I will migrate one of my larger
  applications to Hibernate (yes Eric, I know it's a good move. :-)
  Painful, though) and so one does not want to build all the
  Torque peer classes without using them.

As usual: I'm open for suggestions, patches, success and bug
reports. Simply send them here.

	Regards
		Henning

"Fighting for one's political stand is an honourable action, but re-
                                    Open Source Software Development"