Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Harald Krammer <Ha...@hkr.at> on 2009/10/22 22:34:56 UTC

Visual LDAP user name

Re: Visual LDAP user name

Posted by Andrew Jaquith <an...@gmail.com>.
...you check out the trunk and look at the javadocs, which are
extremely well-documented.

Sorry my reply came as a serialization... I did it one-handed on the
iPhone and fat-fingered TWICE.

Andrew

Re: Visual LDAP user name

Posted by Andrew Jaquith <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Visual LDAP user name

Posted by Andrew Jaquith <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Visual LDAP user name

Posted by Jim Willeke <ji...@willeke.com>.

Re: Visual LDAP user name

Posted by Andrew Jaquith <an...@gmail.com>.
It is still too early. I don't have an estimate of when you can start
testing. We would Iike to get an alpha out soon, obviously.

Re: Visual LDAP user name

Posted by Harald Krammer <Ha...@hkr.at>.

Re: Visual LDAP user name

Posted by Andrew Jaquith <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Visual LDAP user name

Posted by Thomas Engelschmidt <te...@zama.org>.
The group and permission system in the jspwiki is rather dynamic, and
ldaps tends to be readonly except for a groups of administrators.
There for there is still need for the user.xml and group.xml. But in
my opinion the user.xml needs to be automatically updated when a new
ldap user is logged in.

Otherwise granting and managing jspwiki permissions i a nightmare,
this also enhanced since there is no check on if a user exist - when
adding users to wiki group or setting a page permission.

Re: Visual LDAP user name

Posted by Jim Willeke <ji...@willeke.com>.

Re: Visual LDAP user name

Posted by Thomas Engelschmidt <te...@zama.org>.