Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vivek <vk...@qasource.com> on 2011/07/13 10:14:01 UTC

configure Maven to dynamically select profiles

Hi There,

Is there any way to configure Maven to dynamically select profiles?

Issue:
Is it possible to have Maven dynamically pick different configuration
properties and  build the project and execute tests based on those
dynamically acquired properties!

In my case I have single pom.xml and a different properties file for
each environment like:

product_QA.properties
product_staging.properties
product_UAT.properties

Please provide your feedback.

regards,
Vivek

Re: configure Maven to dynamically select profiles

Posted by Ketil Aasarød <ke...@gmail.com>.
You would have to put them on your local development machine and on
your CI server to be able to run the tests ofc.

-ketil

--
Med hilsen,

Ketil Aasarød
Fundator AS
+47 930 96 411

Re: configure Maven to dynamically select profiles

Posted by Ketil Aasarød <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by carlspring <ca...@gmail.com>.
You can use Maven profiles and Resource Filtering. You can set up different
profiles and define which resources to use for them.

Re: configure Maven to dynamically select profiles

Posted by anis chaaba <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
U can play with activation method using <activation>  tag.
this may be helpful
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html
good luck :)