Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Алексей Шаманаев <as...@iopent.ru> on 2009/04/07 08:52:26 UTC

Alfresco integration

Hi everybody!

My name is Alexey. I worked on developing custom software based on
Alfresco CMS (alfresco.com). Now our company are interested in
integration of Alfresco and some Workflow Engine. Alfresco natively
supports JBPM as embedded engine, but we would like to use any other
one.

Apache Ode was originally contributed by Intalio (www.intalio.com). At
the Intalio website I found a screencast
(http://bpms.intalio.com/bpms-screencasts/alfresco-integration.html)
which shows integration between Intalio Server (based on Ode) and
Alfresco CMS. The screencast just shows integration in action. I would
like to know how the process of integration works in more details. Does
the model used in the screencast uses Alfresco web-services or it
communicates with Alfresco in any other manner? Has anyone investigated
this topic? Or maybe worked on it?

I've already asked this questions to Intalio staff, but they redirected
me here and told me that engineers here can help me.

Thanks in advance,
Alexey

Re: Alfresco integration

Posted by Paul Brown <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Alexey --

> Apache Ode was originally contributed by Intalio (www.intalio.com). At
> the Intalio website I found a screencast
> (http://bpms.intalio.com/bpms-screencasts/alfresco-integration.html)
> which shows integration between Intalio Server (based on Ode) and
> Alfresco CMS. The screencast just shows integration in action. I would
> like to know how the process of integration works in more details.
> Does
> the model used in the screencast uses Alfresco web-services or it
> communicates with Alfresco in any other manner? Has anyone
> investigated
> this topic? Or maybe worked on it?

You've come to the right place to learn how Ode can integrate with
other systems.  The best way is via web services, and the project
website should provide you with enough information to get started:

http://ode.apache.org/

The user list (where you also posted) if a great place to ask
questions about how to use Ode; this list is more for discussion about
the nuts and bolts.

> I've already asked this questions to Intalio staff, but they
> redirected
> me here and told me that engineers here can help me.

Well, you're not likely to find much expertise here about Alfresco
(maybe their forums or mailing lists would be a good place to start
for that sort of thing):

http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Main_Page

A cursory look (just Google "alfresco web service api") turns up this
document:

http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Alfresco_Content_Management_Web_Services

And then it looks like WS-Security is the hurdle for you to get over,
in which case you should look here:

http://ode.apache.org/user-guide.html#UserGuide-WSSecuritywithAxis2integrationlayer

Hope that helps.

-- Paul